What Can I Do to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19?
January 18, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has put the entire world on edge. During the current pandemic, we've seen widespread job loss, the closing of schools and businesses, and overcrowded hospitals on a level that we've not seen in our time. COVID-19 has changed the way we live our lives. It's also opened our eyes to how fragile we are. We've seen the damage that a virus can cause. We've learned that there is no such thing as "just a virus." This virus has left devastation in its wake, and as many experts, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), point out, we can expect more viruses on this level. While we're still not out of the woods as far as COVID-19 is concerned, many people ask, "What can I do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?" This is an important question, and today, we're going to answer it to keep you well informed.
There was a great deal of debate at the start of the pandemic regarding how to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), and medical experts across our country gave a lot of advice about how to prevent or stop the spread of COVID-19. Sometimes the advice changed, especially when it came to social distancing and wearing masks. Debates ensued about the effectiveness of those measures. One thing that remained consistent from the beginning, however, was the importance of personal hygiene and keeping our homes and businesses clean, sanitized, and disinfected. All of the health organizations have been on the same page about that.
Since the start of the pandemic, the CDC has stressed the importance of routine cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting schedule. In their "Prevent Getting Sick guide "
on COVID-19, the CDC still recommends wearing a mask, staying at least six feet away from people, and avoiding crowds, stating that, "The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19."
The CDC also recommends frequent handwashing, particularly at specific times, such as "before eating or preparing food, touching your face, using the restroom, handling your mask, or leaving a public place." If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC also recommends cleaning and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces daily, including "tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets," and other surfaces that are shared. Sanitizing and disinfecting in schools, businesses, stores, restaurants, and medical facilities is extremely crucial to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
As for killing COVID-19, the EPA has developed a list of products that are effective against viruses of similar structure. These products can be found using the "N List COVID-19 Disinfectants tool"
on the EPA website.
Germinator has been focused on keeping the places we live, work, and play sanitized, and disinfected since 2015. Our goal has always been effective, efficient, and affordable sanitizing and disinfecting for homes and businesses. We take what we do seriously, and we're proud of our patent-pending process, which includes:
Step 1 – Test Surfaces:
We first test your surfaces for ATP using a luminometer to detect light that can come from cellular activity. This measurement immediately tells us the level of clean on your surfaces.
Step 2 – Application of Genesis Surface Treatment:
Genesis is a one-step cleaner and broad-spectrum sanitizer and disinfectant treatment that harnesses the power of HOCl (hypochlorous acid) solution. With our disinfecting service, we use our solution at full strength of 500 PPM (parts per million) which is hospital-grade disinfection. However, if a residential or commercial location prefers only sanitizing levels instead of disinfecting levels, then we will dilute our solution to 200 PPM for a proper sanitizing service. Derived from naturally occurring minerals, Genesis not only eliminates odors at their source but kills a wide range of bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, Salmonella enterica and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and viruses including norovirus, rotavirus and adenovirus on hard, non-porous, environmental surfaces. It meets the Association of Official Agricultural Chemists (AOAC) germicidal spray standards for Hospital-Grade Disinfection and is on the EPA N List of products determined to meet the criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, this treatment will eliminate bacteria and viruses that may reside in your environment without the use of harsh chemicals or fumes.
Step 3 – Application of Bacteriostatic Finish:
The Shield is a water-based quaternary ammonium compound that imparts a durable bacteriostatic finish to a wide range of non-food contact surfaces. It is EPA-registered as effective against the growth of mold, mildew, algae, and odor-causing bacteria. This application creates an invisible barrier that combats deterioration and discoloration and promotes freshness for up to three months.
The Genesis and Shield products are applied via an electrostatic sprayer, which is the most efficient and effective means of delivering the products to the intended application sites.
Step 4 – Retest Surfaces:
After our surface treatment and protectant services, we retest to ensure the surfaces have achieved the intended results.
With vaccines now available, it would be easy to get a sense of security and let our guard down, but this isn't the case. Health organizations stress that a vaccine is meant to prepare your body to fight infection if it is exposed; proper cleaning and disinfecting help reduce exposure. Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting are always going to be essential steps toward the success of any vaccine. The end goal is to avoid being exposed, which is why it is so important to maintain a clean, sanitized and disinfected environment.
Germinator is your best choice for your sanitizing and disinfecting needs for many reasons:
- Knowledge and Experience. This is our specialty. Since 2015, we have been 100% focused on just sanitization and disinfection services. We have conducted extensive studies based on experiments with other methods like ozone, UV light, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide, and other quats. These studies were reviewed by our Scientific Board comprised of top medical professionals, including a former United States Assistant Surgeon General for five administrations.
- Product Efficacy. Based on this review, Germinator acquired the products that would provide the most effective combination for sanitizing and disinfecting and protection services available for commercial applications on the market. Our products are EPA registered as effective for their intended uses and further validated by our own Scientific Board.
- Patent-Pending. The methodology developed by Germinator is patent-pending and is the most unique and cost-effective means of providing enhanced antimicrobial protection for your environment.
- Professionalism. Germinator's goal is to exceed your expectations. We achieve this by a commitment to excellence in our products and services. Our highly trained staff will treat you with respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Cost-Effectiveness. Germinator uses state-of-the-art services at the most competitive and cost-effective prices available. Germinator's program improves upon routine janitorial services that use more harsh chemicals and have limited application capabilities.
- Verification. Germinator is so confident in the efficacy of its program that it includes a verification component. For each application, we verify that the surface treatment and protectant services have achieved the intended results. We stand by our program.
If you want to learn more about how you can get Germinator services, call us at (806) 771-4856
. Be proactive instead of reactive. Keeping your home or business sanitized and disinfected can go a long way toward helping reduce the threat of germs, viruses and bacteria of all kinds.